The Foundation Programme (FP) is designed for students who have gained a basic understanding of Kadampa Buddhist practice and are interested in pursuing a formalised and committed study programme.
*** This is not a drop-in class. Please email [email protected] to schedule a taster class
Benefits of Foundation Programme
- Increased personal insight, wisdom and experience of Dharma (Buddha’s teachings)
- Studying and meditating more effectively following a specially-designed programme and qualified meditation teacher
- An opportunity to discuss and ask questions
- Gain the ability to integrate Dharma into busy modern life.
Commitments of the Foundation Programme
Foundation Programme is not a drop-in class. Enrolment is required and we ask that everyone who enrols:
- has a sincere personal commitment to try to attend each class
- will commit to at least 6 months after having one or two taster sessions
- will prepare for each class by studying and memorising to the best of your ability the essential points of the text for that class (including the condensed meaning)
- try to take a written exam at the end of each part of the book
- From 12th January 2023 we will be studying ‘Universal Compassion‘ by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso
Fees and How to Enrol
£30 per month
Your FP membership includes:
- All regular courses, classes and retreats held at the centre and all our branch classes.
- Foundation Programme and weekend courses
- 30% discount for empowerments.
If you have any questions about joining the Foundation Programme please email the Education Programme Coordinator at [email protected]
“Universal Compassion” by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, provides practical instructions showing how to transform even the most difficult daily life experiences into opportunities for spiritual growth through developing and enhancing minds of universal love and compassion.
The heart of Buddha’s teachings is unconditional love and compassion. In this inspiring explanation of the popular Buddhist poem Training the Mind in Seven Points, Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche reveals powerful and far-reaching methods for us to develop these altruistic states.
Ancient meditative techniques that have been tried and tested for centuries are brought alive and made relevant to our everyday experiences.
Also included is a practical explanation of how we can transform our day-to-day problems – even the most demanding and difficult conditions – into opportunities for personal and spiritual development. By pointing the way to an unchanging freedom and happiness, this immensely readable book challenges us to grow, and will have a remarkable impact on our life.
You can purchase the book online from here.